11 of Wellington’s best brunch spots
October 18, 2022
Brunch at Scorch-O-Rama in Scorching Bay
If you’re searching for Wellington’s best brunch spots, look no further! Wellington is known as New Zealand’s coffee capital and for locals brunching comes naturally. As you can imagine there are hundreds of fabulous cafes and restaurants, so we’ve put together a list with 11 of ‘the basics’ to get you started.
- You haven’t done brunch in Wellington until you’ve been to Floriditas, a favourite with Wellington’s hospo crowd on Mondays, this spot is heaving on the weekends. You’ll need to queue but it is so worth it - order their legendary scrambled eggs
- Egmont Street Eatery do a roaring weekend brunch trade, the food is spot on, and the vibe is great (Rita Ora can’t be wrong, right?) why not swap your morning coffee to a mimosa to really set your weekend off?
- Helmed by the one and only Laura Greenfield, Field & Green serve up an incredibly smart brunch on weekends, and their kedgeree is to die for
- One of Wellington’s best brunch spots is Olive on Cuba Street has one of the most gorgeous wee courtyards in the inner city, and fabulous food to boot
- Like your coffee strong? Caffe L’affare on College St has been going strong for more than 30 years, pop in and discover for yourself why this Wellington institution has stood the test of time
- Out in Mirimar Cafe Polo has a solid weekend following, their ethos is based on the principals of slow food and local produce and known for their donuts
- Calling all sweet tooths! Two Grey do a fabulous Tiramisu French toast - perfectly combining breakfast and dessert into one perfect dish
- Neo Cafe & Eatery has been a long time favourite of workers in the CBD for coffee catch ups and lunch. This year they took out the 2022 Dine Festival dish with their delectable cheesecake ‘The Flat White Project’
- If you can’t go past freshly baked goods, Myrtle's mouthwatering cabinet will have you sorted in no time. Open until they sell out!
- Scorch O Rama is a favourite for families with a decent kids area, plus a waterfront location to wow the grandparents that’s only a 10 minute drive from the CBD
- Heading out of town or going north through Lower Hutt? Check out the equally delicious and stylish Twenty Eight for coffee, snacks, brunch and lunch
How many of Wellington’s best brunch spots have you been to? Let us know who else you’d add to the list!